Sunday 26 May 2013

The Saltaire Arts Trail is all about meeting people, at least it is for me.  My fiancé tells me it's all about buying earrings, so I may be wrong.

Saltaire Arts Trail Preview Evening

For me it's all about the people.

In the last 24 hours I have, attended the preview event in the ever amazing Salts Mill, manned 19 Herbert Street where I'm exhibiting, and strolled the sunny streets of Saltaire peeking in the other houses, exhibits and Makers' Fair. 

During this period I've made a few notes on some of the people I've come in contact with, and thought I'd share those notes with you now.

Nigel, a composer of contemporary concert music, who is proudly presenting a new composition as part of the Alice Fox exhibition
Juneprintmaker, choral singer, and archery enthusiast who's passion for all she does is an inspiration.
David, an Open House sponsor, Saltaire resident, prolific Tweeter and business man
Chris, a smartly dressed illustrator and family entertainment sponsor who also designs greetings cards
Richard, a gentlemen in a wicker beret who works with green wood out at Bolton Abbey
Laura, an ever willing Saltaire Arts Trail volunteer and smiley welcoming face
Andy, a new friend, who has so modestly grown his business to be best in show

There's probably nothing unique about this list, with every event like Saltaire Arts Trail having it's own  share of visitors, volunteers and exhibitors.  

My list consists of people I have met, I'd be interested to see other people's lists, and to hear their stories.


Do you fancy adding your thoughts on this years Saltaire Arts Trail? We are looking for visitors, artists, volunteers and bloggers to add their own perspective to our blog here.  If you have an interesting article you'd like us to share then please send a copy to hello@saltaireartstrail.co.uk.  We'll try to publish the best in the coming weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment